College of the Holy Spirit History
The College of the Holy Spirit of Tarlac is one of the schools directed by the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit in the Philippines.
Founded and named Catholic Academy of Tarlac by ten prominent men of Tarlac in 1939, the school was turned over to the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit in 1940 and was thereby named Holy Ghost Institute and Holy Spirit Academy some years later. The first college courses were offered in 1968 and the school was renamed College of the Holy Spirit of Tarlac.
Until April 1972, all classes were held at F. Tañedo Street in Tarlac Poblacion. In July 1972, because of lack of floor space due to the school's fast growing population, a new building was constructed at the New Tarlac Heights Subdivision in San Sebastian Village for the College and High School Departments. The College Department once more occupied the building at F. Tañedo when the Grade School building at San Sebastian was constructed. Since then, the High School Department in the original building at San Sebastian.